Last updated: March 2014
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Prettly Ltd. Our registered company number is 8800294 and our registered office address is at 145-157, St John Street, London, EC1V 4PW, England.
The term "personal data" refers to personally identifiable information about you, such as your name, job description, telephone number, health related data, birthday, e-mail address or mailing address.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms when using our website at www.prettly.com (the "Website") or through other means, registering to use the Website, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website. If you contact us we may keep a record of that correspondence.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
• Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• Information about your visit, including products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use of Personal Data
• We may contact you occasionally to inform you of new products and services we will be providing;
• We may contact you to confirm, remind you of, or cancel an appointment that you have booked via the website;
• We may send you regular updates on matters we think will be of interest to you;
• We may send you information which you have specifically requested relating to our products and services;
• We may use your personal data internally to administer this Website and help us improve our services and to notify you about changes to our products and services.
We may also use information we collect about you:
• as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we may serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
If you do not wish to receive emails from us or other marketing information and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list you can either select "unsubscribe" from any of the marketing emails that we send or alternatively contact us by email.
COOKIE NAME PURPOSE EXPIRY PERIOD MORE INFORMATION
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. If you find it difficult to change the setting on your browser please go to www.aboutcookies.org where you will find information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please be aware however, that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Disclosure of your Personal Data
• In order to provide you with the information, services or products which you have requested, personal data may occasionally be transferred or shared with other companies within our group of companies or third parties who act for us for further processing in accordance with the purposes for which the personal data was originally collected or for purposes to which you have subsequently consented. For example, sometimes a third party may have access to your personal data in order to support our information technology or to handle mailings on our behalf.
• We will keep your contact details on our database and may, from time to time, e-mail or post you information to make you aware of our other similar products and services which may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to receive e-mails or post from us for these purposes, please let us know by following the "unsubscribe" procedure set out above.
• Where you have consented, we may also share your personal data with other companies within our group of companies or disclose your personal data to other businesses who may contact you about their products or services that may interest you.
• We may share, transfer or disclose the information in our databases and server logs to comply with a legal requirement, for the administration of justice, interacting with anti-fraud databases, to protect your vital interests, to protect the security or integrity of our databases or this website, to take precautions against legal liability, or in the event of our sale, merger, reorganisation, dissolution or similar event. We will inform you of any such transfer or disclosure as required by law.
• Where appropriate, before disclosing personal data to a third party, we contractually require the third party to take adequate precautions to protect that data and to comply with applicable law.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on Heroku App. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal data, we will disclose to you the personal data we hold about you, for which we may make a charge up to the maximum as allowed by applicable law. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal data that is inaccurate and notify any third party recipients of the necessary changes. You may update any information you have given to us by contacting us at the addresses given below.
Requests to delete personal data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Closing down your Account
You can decide to close down your Prettly account at any point in time. If you choose to do so, we will delete all your personal data within 3 months following your account shut down. Should you wish to use our Website, services and/or products after the three month time period, you will be required to create a new account.
WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY